Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ratatouille

I don't have a way to make the beautiful ratatouille from the Pixar movie, but I decided to give the more "provincial" or chunky/chopped ratatouille a try.

I served it smothered in mozzarella and with a side of garlic bread. It was pretty good, and relatively easy to put together.

Suz

*11/3 Gayle suggested I post the recipe too...

Suz's Ratatouille
(a compilation from the recipes I researched on the web)

1-2 bags frozen squash (comes pre-sliced)
1 onion (small, chopped in big chunks and separated)
2-3 garlic cloves (smashed and diced)
Olive Oil
Mozzerealla cheese
Canned Tomatoes (optional)

(Use a oven friendly pan) Add oil to pan (to cover the bottom about 3 T) and saute the onion and garlic. Add the squash and cook. (I'm going to omit the tomatoes next time and see if we like it better - I for one am not a huge stewed tomato fan) Sprinkle liberally with cheese and put in the oven under broil to melt and slightly toast the cheese. Serve with garlic bread. (most ratatouille would also have eggplant, I just have no idea what to do with it.)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

So how was it?

Suzanne said...

Pretty tasty. I think the garlic bread was the biggest hit. (It was a good way to get our veggies) - Suz