Sunday, February 15, 2009

Homemade Oreo's with Cream Cheese Frosting

So how does your baking go? I love to bake. While it is not the usual thing at our house, a few weeks ago I was able to catch some baking time before Em got home from school. The chocolate cookies were out of the oven, with time to cool, before school let out.

I first made these on a snowy day with one of my friends, Mary Gardner, who worked at Alert with me, this was her recipe. (Thanks Mary!)

Oreo's
1 package Devils Food cake mix
2/3 C shortening
2 eggs

Mix ingredients, roll dough into cookie balls. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Cool. Make cookie sandwiches with vanilla or cream cheese frosting.

Suz

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow, what a coincidence! We were just talking about these cookies the other day! Randal said he liked Oreo Cakesters and I said home made ones were better and we mentioned yours and he did a little "mmmm" eye roll that let me know he had tasted yours.