Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

My Grandma Nora gave me a Gund Lamb when I was little. I named her Muffin. I've been on my usual quest for recipes and found a new-to-me Blueberry Muffin recipe that's a keeper. (I'll let you in on a blog-secret, for almost every recipe shared, there are "flops" I don't post. I mean this is all about the journey, right? Like the Diet Coke cupcakes w/out a cake mix - sigh, it seemed like such a good idea at the time.)

Being a Utah girl, I'd never heard of Jordan Marsh - or of their Blueberry muffins. They're talked about with much the same reverence as the ZCMI candy counter from when I was a kid. "Be good and we'll stop and get something." So the Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins were the treat of choice for parents, grandparents and well-behaved kids back in New England. I decided to try them.

They're just what you want a Blueberry muffin to be. Tender, not dry at all (so you have to wait for them to cool to get them out of the tins; however I've got the silicon muffin tins so it made it easier to get them out in one piece). Here's the recipe: A Blast From the Past: Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins. I added 1 t vanilla and used Raw sugar to sprinkle on top which gave the muffins a yummy crunchy, coffee-house-treat texture. One other tip is to use frozen blueberries, just rinse off the ice crystals. I used the Kitchen Aid to mix them in, since the "Diva" said to crush some of the berries, and that worked fine. Let me know if you make them and what you think.

Suz

No comments: