Monday, April 22, 2013

Jeep Update - 4/22/2013
About three weeks ago, we replaced the Master Cylinder. I snapped both brake lines removing them from the old master cylinder so Dad made new ones. 

We replaced all of the wheel cylinders and brake shoes.

I had the drums turned at a local shop. As of 4/22 almost all of the brake work is done. I still need to change both brake hoses so it will pass the safety test. I got new tires from at Discount Tires about two weeks ago. They are back on the Jeep as well.  


The engine is back. I painted a few of the parts that still need to go on, I'm hoping we will be able to get the engine installed this coming weekend. On 4/13 we took the Jeep for the car wash for a bath and got most of the dirt and grease off. This should make installing the engine a little better, less dirt raining down. :)

I had Six States Distributors rebuild the steering gear box, so you don't have 24" of play when making a turn (its like driving Mr. Toads Wild ride at Disneyland). I still need to order both fenders and a few other smaller parts.  

No comments: