Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bake Bread Not Cookies

When I got laid off one of the first things on my to do list was to start baking. Yesterday I was tempted into making "Citrus Sables" and sadly, even though I made them a teensy-bit more friendly by not rolling them in sugar - they were still cookies. I've pledged to channel any cookie baking energy that is left this week into making homemade bread.

{ Still, if you want to connect to your sense of smell zest a lime and lemon and breathe in the goodness. Wow! }


Suz

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

When did you get laid off? Sorry to hear. Love the zesty picture... mmmm!
I made bread today too, except it was some bavarian cream braided bread that Randal bought from some club at school. Pretty dumb to bake it this morning, because I worry there won't be any left when he gets home. It has cream in the center and a packet of chocolate to drizzle over the top. Not home made, but it did have to rise over night.

Jeanne said...

You know Suzanne... this blog title might make a great sign! :)