Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

What do the best peanut butter cookies I've ever made have to do with Golem and Wolverine? It gets curioser, and curioser... (and yes I did bake wheat bread about 2 weeks ago, but that's another story for another day)

So, last night Eric shared a You Tube video with us that kind of dashed our dreamy Wolverine visions of Hugh Jackman. Don't miss The Boy From Oz. After that we watched a LOTR fan film The Hunt for Gollum. Not bad. Then we watched a few minutes of The Legend of the Seeker which you can watch for free on Hulu. The Seeker is based on the book The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

All of this entertaining media has led me down the path to baking some comfort food which will subsequently lead me down the path to the eliptical and yoga tonight. The comfort food? Peanut Butter cookies. The flourless kind. I get it. Really. I mean how do you bake without flour? I had my doubts, but it worked! I was looking for something sort-of-healthy, and with low points for Weight Watchers. They're not too bad as far as points go, 3 points each. (Found the recipe on All Recipes)

Peanut Butter Cookies (flourless)
1/2 c white sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c peanut butter
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda

Mix it all up, drop spoonfuls on cookie sheet and press down with fork. 350 degrees 8-10 minutes or until done. Double the batch if you want 2 dozen.

3 comments:

Jennifer Nikolaisen said...

Those look really yummy right now... particularly since I just finished working out. :-)

Jennifer

Jeanne said...

Interesting... maybe I will try it, I love PB cookies. I used to have the Better Homes and Garden's red checkered recipe book recipe memorized I made it so much.

Suzanne said...

We've tried making this twice since this post without the same results. I've looked through the comments on All Recipes, all I can think is that one person who commented on the recipe added 3 T of flour, maybe I did that the first time I made these cookies? Kind of a bummer. I thought I had written it all down. We'll try it again sometime, with the flour.