Monday, August 10, 2009

Crepes Fines Sucrees, pg. 649

The new Julie & Julia movie is delightful! Wouldn't it have been fun to have known Julia Child? I cracked open my copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" (the copy that I found at the DI a couple of years ago.) I didn't know it was a cookbook "I" could really cook from. If I had only read the foreword! "This is a book for the servantless American cook who can be unconcerned on occasion with budgets, waistlines, time schedules... or anything else which might interfere with the enjoyment of producing something wonderful to eat." A frivolous, but fun invitation to step into the world of cooking. I don't think you can ever really escape the day-to-day worries of paychecks, how those jeans are fitting, and what time it is; however, maybe you can go into a kind of a "zen" head space while cooking.

So I took a step beyond thumbing through the cookbook. I made the batter for Crepes Fines Sucrees (light batter for crepes Suzette). It has to sit for at least 2 hours or overnight. They'll be ready to make tomorrow.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: